Monday, May 30, 2016

Try Not to Devestate the Green!

Hey everyone! 
I am reduced to tears over the reminders of how all along, the Lord has blessed my life. From the people in my high school classes whom I never knew were Mormon to the missionaries and members of the Church who have helped me so far, He has helped me to finally lean on Him as I've come to understand who I truly am. This knowledge that we have as children of our Heavenly Father is so precious. It is a beautitul thing to know that many around the world are coming to this same truth just as I did almost 3 years ago. 
I would like to share a quote from a book I read called Return by Elder Robert D. Hales:

"The knowledge of who we are and what our mission is may come to us gradually as we develop our talents and gifts and listen to the promptings of the Spirit - Staying in tune with the Spirit helps us choose wisely as we make our way in life... There will be times in our lives when things don't go as we plan, but the Lord's plan is greater than we can even dream. When disappointments come into our lives, it is well to remember that we should learn from our experiences, both successes and failures and be grateful for being able to move joyfully forward with faith and hope."

I'm so grateful for prayer and that we can counsel with Heavenly Father, because there have been times on my mission where things just got really hard and I wanted to throw in the towel, but the Lord has always counseled me to consider the needs of my companions first. That is a blessing in itself, because I was able to let go of what I wanted and truly serve. When I let go of my expectations for myself and what I wanted to accomplish, I began to feel much happier because I was able to also let go of my fustrations.

I think the biggest success in my mission is just the conversion that I have made. Not only that, but I have learned the tools to make that conversion last after my mission and developed the skills required for that diligence. Of course we won't know for sure until a few years down the road the end result of that success, but even being able to achieve the progress made so far is a success. I love the Lord and will forever think of how I can serve Him by serving others, by being an influence for good.
 
I also love all of you. I am so grateful for your prayers, support, and letters. I love you all so much, every person back at home. I think about you and I pray for you constantly. You are all so special to me, and so special to our Father in Heaven. I hope you all have a fantastic week! Because you deserve it! And remember, if your day seems pretty hard and you aren't feeling too great, just let your heart be filled with the hope that tomorrow brings. You are all amazing! I love you!!

Siostra Herrera

P.S.-Sister Allowitz and I would like to request prayers on behalf of our friend Vlad who is preparing to enter the waters of baptism this Saturday. He is so prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment