Monday, November 2, 2015

Welcome to District 12

Hey everyone! So sorry for the delay, I want to let you all know that I've been transferred with Siostra Johnston to Katowice! I really love the feel of this city, it is so alive!

My new companion comes from a family with 6 other siblings and she is the second oldest in her family. She hails from Texas! We have a lot of fun comparing cultures and interesting facts about our home states. Siostra Johnston told me about 'mums which is short for chrysanthemums that girls wear on the fronts of their dresses for Prom. If you want to have a good time, look on Pinterest for some examples (czyli "Texas 'mums")!

This week in Katowice, we were able to teach Priscilla whose boyfriend Mickey is a member of the Church. She is very sweet and already has a strong testimony of the Gospel! The Elders also had a baptism for Matheusz, and he was baptised in a lake! It was freezing but beautiful!

Yesterday was All Saints' Day, it doesn't really bear resemblance to Halloween, but people in Poland go to the cemetery to clean their ancestors' graves and put lamps on them. My camera is broken from when we went to Zakopane, so I will need to get pictures from my companion! Before we went out with our district to see the cemetery, we got a few trick-or-treaters, the first was the cutest little girl in a witch costume, she was so sweet asking for candy!

One thing that I'm not sure I've mentioned yet is that there is an older film floating around Poland that is about the Amish, and the translators mixed up the words for Amish and Mormon, so now many Poles think we are Amish until we show them our phones and tell them that we actually use electricity. Could be worse, I suppose!

Poland truly is a place of miracles, even though we aren't getting 5 baptismal dates a week, I feel joy hearing about the success of others in the mission, knowing that it's becoming a better place one baptism at a time. :) The people we talk to everyday see our tags and are beginning to see the Savior's love at work. I love my mission.

Wzystkiego dobrego!

Siostra Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment