Monday, April 27, 2015

Transfer Time! Dun, dun, dun!! I will be...

Staying in Łódź!! Spoko(sweet)! I love this city!!

We got to teach Institute because Starszy Kapela was out of town, so since we usually have Dominika with us, we decided to teach on Doctrine and Covenants 25. Well, low and behold, Dominika couldn't make it, but Romek (he's a dude) turned up and I got nervous because the section was about Emma, the wife of our first Prophet, Joseph Smith! We decided to ask Romek about how he respects the women in his life, and he  basically ended up teaching us! It was awesome!

This week, I want to talk about the blessings of the gospel. In my life there were trials that caused me to question my belief in the Savior, and in my depression, I turned away from Him, but I know now that He hasn't stopped speaking to us. The Holy Ghost serves as our conduit to Heavenly Father and if we just listen and ask Him in prayer, He will make us aware! Here is this scripture, it is in chapter 26 of Alma in the Book of Mormon and it is from a missionary (he's pretty rad!) named Ammon:

 35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.

 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.

 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.


It will be two years and seven months since I was baptized into the Church, and they have been some of the hardest I've endured, but the Lord will never give us a trial we can't stand. I invite you to watch this video, it is called the Refiner's Fire:

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-11-010-the-refiners-fire?lang=eng

1 Nephi 20:10:

 10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

To quote from a hymn that was played at my baptism, "I know that my redeemer lives."


Kocham was!!

Siostra Herrera



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment