Monday, April 20, 2015

Smoki i Zameki

Dzień dobry, rodzina!!  10 points to whomever can guess the title of this email! :D What a wonderful week this has been!

2 Nephi 2:3 reads:

3 Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men.

I realized this week that working hard as a missionary really isn't that different than paid work or school. You still gain skills as you consecrate yourself to the Lord's errand. On my plaque is the scripture 2 Corinthians 4:6:

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

If I could, I'd add the next verse:

 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

As children of G-d and members of the church, we are called upon to lead and live the Lord's gospel by example, and one of the greatest opportunities of this life is to serve and help our brothers and sisters. For example, we were able to go to Ewa's działka raking leaves on Thursday and it was good, hard work!

I am grateful that the Lord shapes us both physically and spiritually to prepare for and endure the trials here on Earth, because if not for trials, how would we learn?

Moroni 9:6:
 
And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.

I am grateful for the experiences and people in my life who have shaped me into the person I am today, especially my parents who taught me the value of diligence. For those preparing to go on missions, keep on truckin'! It's all worth it, I promise!

Returned missionaries! Thank-you so, so much for everything!! I hope I can be as awesome as you one day!

Kocham was!!

Siostra Herrera






NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment