Monday, March 14, 2016

Hey!!

No cześć, everyone! I'm sorry to say that there's nothing much to report for this week, but here's what we do have: At the start of this week, Sister Lerch and I made a lot of rosół (chicken soup) and took it to members and investigators. We also had a lesson with Kate and we'll get to teach her English every week! I just love being here, being able to serve these beautiful people! 

This week, we've learned so much about the love of G-d. I wish I could type a paragraph about how much He loves each and every one of you, but no matter how eloquent it could be, you would understand. Only the Spirit can teach us this wonderful truth. Throughout my mission, I've been so blessed to come in contact it, to scratch the surface of the enormous and eternal capacity of the love that G-d has for us. I feel like this realization of His love for His children has changed me the most out of anything here. To know that G-d really is my Father in Heaven and that He hears my prayers makes everything okay. It is no coincidence that this knowledge is the first principle listed in the missionary lessons in Preach My Gospel. It is the foundation for all happiness, peace and knowledge we can obtain. 

The other cool part is that we can't learn the love of G-d simply by sitting around and thinking, "Hmm, I wonder if G-d loves me?" *Ping* "Oh yeah, He does love me." 

Sorry Charlie, life wasn't meant to be that easy. Instead, we have the Gospel: this seemingly simple pool of knowledge that as we explore it, brings us into supreme caverns of knowledge we could never have imagined. It's so cool! We have the G-dly truth of existence wrapped up in a simple present called the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

As we learn these truths, we feel more of G-d's love and we change. Literally, our character, the fundamental building blocks of who we are, change so we become who we want to be. This opportunity is available to everyone. 

I'm not sure there's much else to write, but keep on keeping on everyone. It'll all be worth it! Just look up, move forward, and make an effort to strengthen your faith. I promise we can get through all trials, no matter how hard, no matter how silly they seem to be. I testify that a mission call is holy. It is from G-d and that the knowledge we have gives the people we teach the power to change their lives. I'm so proud of all of you! 

Thank-you for the letters, they really do mean a lot. :D

Love you all!
Siostra Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment