Monday, January 25, 2016

There Is Beauty All Around

Dzień dobry! This week has been a rollercoaster, but it has been awesome! Sister Larcade went home on Thursday and Sister Carlson is my new companion.I am so excited for the work we will accomplish this transfer, it's only been 4 days, but we've been able to witness so many miracles. 

A few days ago, we bumped into Richard on an escalator at Centrum, he's Polish, but he has a beautiful English accent and he works as a translator, he had lived in the States before, but had never met missionaries if you can believe it! He said we won't be able to convert him, but that he is open to talking with us about the faith and the love of the Savior. When Richard told us that, I instantly said "We don't want to convert you, we just want to share our beliefs with you and get to know you." He was very happy to hear that! I used to think that it would bother me whenever someone tells us that they're not interested in converting, but sometimes it just means that they're not ready. We are so looking forward to meeting with him soon, I can just feel the Spirit whenever we talk to him. 

Yesterday, we were able to meet with Irina who hasn't been to church in a long time, do you know what we found out? Irina was taught by an Elder from my stake! I am sure that one of my favourite aspects of missionary work is finding less-actives, this week we also found out that a person we thought was a former is actually a member! She is elderly and sick, but she has a strong testimony of the church and loves when people come to see her. I just love seeing the light come back into peoples' eyes when they are able to feel what they once did as they were first being taught by the missionaries. 

I am beyond grateful that Sister Carlson and I get a new start in this wonderful branch. There are American families here and all the members are so helpful. The branch was scheduled to have a baptism for a little girl, but she was sick on the day she was to be baptised, so please pray for her. I really love my companion, and I feel like I've come a long way since my first couple of transfers in terms of trusting my companions. The gospel of Jesus Christ truly makes us better people, but we have to be careful of not getting too caught up in improving ourselves in one big stride. This is a path of progression, and my mission has taught me that only by going one step at a time can we fulfill Heavenly Father's plan for us. 

I just know that this is where I'm supposed to be! I love this work and I bear testimony that Jesus Christ is our brother. He loves you and I love you. Thank-you so much for all of your letters, they really mean a lot to me. :D

Kocham was!
Siostra Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment