Monday, October 12, 2015

General Conference was a blast!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, I was using an i-pad to email last week and couldn't figure out how to access the list for you all.

I love General Conference! One of my favourite talks was "That They Do Always Remember Him". I love the opportunity to repent each day and be worthy to partake of the Sacrament each week. Life is hard, but we always have the Savior walking with us every step of the way. I know that Jesus Christ is not only our Savior and Redeemer, He is our Brother. He loves us so much, even if we have the tendency to turn away from Him. I had only a vague idea of who Jesus Christ really was before the missionaries taught me about Him and the great Plan of Happiness. I know that He lives and that He didn't begin His suffering for us on the cross. He didn't just die there either. He began His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, suffered the trials of judges and the cross, He died and was ressurected after three days. He ministered to both the people of Jerusalem and those living in the Americas, the Nephites. He created the world and everything in it, and He presented Himself as G-d's chosen son to carry out His work for our salvation. Our part is to have faith in Him and commit to keep His commandments. We need to pray for the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then act on those promptings. Prayer is how we talk to our Heavenly Father and the Scriptures is how He speaks to us. The Book of Mormon is the word of G-d and has helped me to better understand my purpose, pull through trials of faith, and know what I can do to be a better sister, daughter and person. I has made my prayers mor meaningful. I love the Book of Mormon! Please take some time to read this wonderful book! It will change your life!

This last Sunday, we were able to witness the baptism of Mark who is now eight! He and his family are from Ukraine, and it was so beautiful! It brought back memories of when I was baptised and the room was filled with so much love! Mark's jumpsuit was really big on him and they had to roll up the pants a few times, so cute!

Hey Mikey, I got to eat it down a mountain today, and it was snowing! Zakopane is the best, and we got to see some chamois!

Love you all, have a great week! 'Till next time!

Siostra Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment