Thursday, January 1, 2015

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!!

Dzień Dobry, rodzina!! Siostry Gustafason, Larcade and I are now in a tripanionship (trio). We have a new investigator, Ania, who has agreed to come to church with us! We taught her about prayer, the Restoration, and the Book of Mormon! I was scared at first to teach lessons entirely in Polish, but our tripanionship always prays that Ania will feel the Spirit in our lessons. 

Polish is such an amazing language! One of our teachers, Bra. Tribe, says that the Ancient Poles used an alphabet similar in apperance to Arabic until the Romans made them switch to the Latin Alphabet. Our teacher says Polish would have been a lot easier had the original script been kept. I feel so honored to have been called to a country with such rich history!

Christmas was certainly a blast at the MTC! We had Elder Nelson come speak to us about the facets of missionary work, a talent show, and Sister Nelson spoke to us about the importance of temple work. I loved what she said about how our relatives on the other side of the veil are angels. She mentioned an Elder whose father had passed. Set apart as a missionary, he could feel his father's presence as his companion. What a priviledge to help those who aren't able to help themselves! I also got to call my mom, dad, and brother! It was awesome to talk to them! 

We also have music in the spoken word and Sister Maria Luisa Torres spoke to the Sisters about her mission in Central America and how she and her husband met at a mission reunion. She didn't think he was her type when she first saw his picture, but when she met him in person, she found him very charming! Sister Torres said that the Lord doesn't look upon our appearance, but upon our hearts (1Sam16:7).  When we have pure hearts and an eye single to the glory of G-d, our purpose becomes clear. As missionaries, we continually strive to have the Spirit with us, and so those who are searching for meaning in their lilves will be open to our message about eternal families and how to reach their full potential.

My time in the MTC has not been without its trials, but I know that as I let them go and lighten my heart, the Lord will give me the strength to endure. It has only been two weeks, but I have felt the Spirit of G-d change my desire to serve with a full purpose of heart and set out to accomplish what the Lord would have me do, to live the doctrine of Christ. We must have faith that everything will be ok, despite what happens. My promise to you all is that Heavenly Father will be with you always as long as you strive to live His commandments. Pray to Him, He is your Father and wants to know how you're doing. 

May the Spirit be with you always!!

Siostra Herrera

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!!- Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment