Thursday, February 12, 2015

May the odds be ever in your favor! 11 days until our departure to Poland!!

Dzień dobry, Rodzina!!

It's hard to imagine how far everyone in our district has come since arriving at the MTC back in December! All of us have had our hard days, but I just like to think about the Polish people and how much they've gone through with being conquered so many times, and there was even a time when all of the signs in Poland were changed to Russian when the country was under Communist rule. I think about how hard the language is, and then remember that it survived even though the Russians tried to get rid of it. When I think about that, I am overwhelmed with the joy of what a privilege it is to speak this beautiful language! I remember that with the Lord's help, we can all do hard things. As limited as our vocabulary is, that is all we need, because by small and simple means, great things come to pass. 

I know that with determination and love, we can pull through our trials, and the Book of Mormon gives us more power to do that. I am so grateful for all of your support and love! Thank-you!!

Kocham was!

Siostra Herrera

P.S.- On a funnier note, I just wanted to take this time to say that instead of Harry Potter, being in the MTC feels more like the Hunger Games. Here's why:

- Male and female tributes from each district are reaped for the talk each Sunday.
-There are announcements every morning and night by a scary voice telling us where to be
- I wear a braid in my hair frequently



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment