Monday, December 15, 2014

My First Day as A Missionary

Hey everyone! This is my first P-day as a set apart missionary. I will be leaving tomorrow with Sister Winegar for the airport, and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated seeing you all yesterday at the open house. I have felt so much peace since being set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am not scared to leave home. This is what I was meant to do, the Lord has been preparing me my entire life for this wonderful mission. During my setting apart, President Whittier promised that the Lord would protect me as long as I was obedient to the counsel of my mission president. How beautiful to have blessings through obedience! I have felt this and I know it's true!
 
If the Elders had sat me down two years ago and said that I would be serving a mission for the Church, I probably would have laughed for 5 minutes straight! It is so mind boggling how much my life has improved since I was baptized. I am happier, I have acheivable goals, and I now have the will to improve my life! I have so much love for the Polish people and I know that the Spirit will help them understand their true purpose as children of G-d. 
 
I am very happy to say that my relationship with my brother has improved tremendously, and I honestly never thought that would happen! There have been trials with my family and our ties have been tested, but this was all part of Heavenly Father's plan to challenge us to stay together. Working at the temple has increased my testimony of eternal families. When Elder Alo said that the Church is all about families, the Spirit testified that he was telling the truth. The Book of Mormon and the Bible combined are sacred treasures Heavenly Father has given us to be able to endure. I encourage you to read them and apply their principles to your life.
 
Do Widzenia!   
 
Siostra Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment